Sunday, January 4, 2015

12/30/14 Happy New Year!

     Happy New Year! And Merry Christmas. This time of year is a time to reflect on what we did over the last 365 days and if we gained or lost in that amount of time. I think this is also the best time to set goals. Goals don't always need to be exceeded to make us better. It is a matter of if we have progressed or digressed in achieving our objective.  By setting goals we are forced down the hard road to improvement.  When you look back you are going to see you traveled a lot further than you thought you had come.

     My goal this year as last year is to become the best version of myself (I like the Elder Pedersen version better than before). The great thing about this life is there is unlimited potential for us to learn and grow. President Monson said that he reads the book of Mormon 15 times a year and learns something new every single time. That is the beauty of what Jesus Christ did for us through his Atonement - he gave us the ability to set a new resolution and become better every day. Being idle is not what our bodies are set up to do.  They are meant to move - a body in motion tends to stay at motion/ a body at rest tends to stay at rest. Heavenly Father wants us to be constantly moving.  The adversary tries to get us become complacent and satisfied in our own ways.

      Isaiah 55:8 states how the Lord’s ways are much higher and different than ours. The Devil wants us to make THINGS for ourselves. God makes things work better for others and helps us SEE the good things in life – not to become static - but happy.   An old coach of mine said, “Be happy - never satisfied.”  I think that is important to remember - especially when it comes to our eternal perspective.


      The best Christmas present I received was a book full of pictures with family and friends. Those are the only things that matter in this life - because they are the only things we can bring with us into the next life. I love my family and was so happy to talk to them this week! The week went very well considering a lot of our investigators didn't want to see us during the holidays. But through diligence we were able to help the ones that really were willing. And we received some new people to invite unto Christ. The work is going hard - but is so rewarding I am so thankful to be where I am - with the people I am meant to teach. I love my family and friends and with Heavenly Father they are the driving forces for my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment