Tuesday, March 31, 2015

3/4/15 - Got a ticket - Grrrrrr

     Well I survived transfers again.  This is my 4th transfer in El Paso 11th ward!  By the time I leave here I will be done with 1/4 of my mission. I feel like it was just yesterday I was at a watery eyed airport farewell. I DONT LIKE THIS, my life is passing me by - in 3 months I will be 20 years old yuck! This week Elder Goff and I decided to find some new investigators and we found 4!  We have had such success with using the Book of Mormon, it is such a blessing to have this record to solidify the fullness of the everlasting gospel.   Last transfer I read the Book of Mormon cover to cover for my 5th time, in 42 days.   I learned so much this time as I read it.  I love how every time that I read I learn something completely new. David a Bednar says when he reads the Book of Mormon, he searches on different gospel subjects like the atonement and highlights them as he reads the whole book cover to cover!  He said he has 4 or 5 hundred Books of Mormon and Bibles which he has done this with. That makes me want to read the scriptures more and more. I know that each time I have read the Book of Mormon I have come closer to my Heavenly Father and family than by doing anything else. I know that this gospel blesses lives and I am so thankful to be blessed enough to serve more. I love you all and can’t wait to hear from you!

After I mentioned that we were studying the Beatitudes in Sunday School - he added, "The life of Jesus Christ videos (on LDS.org or Mormon Messages on YouTube) are awesome - watch the Beatitudes, in brings a whole lot more meaning to the scripture - I would recommend watching those with the family back home they are really powerful.

P.S. Mom, I think you should read 1st Nephi chapter 5, sariah was a worried mother and then when nephi returned from his mission she realized how blessed she was. I love you mom.  (II don't know how he knew I had been missing him - it reads something like this when altered a little to fit : "... behold their joy was full, and my mother was comforted.
8 And she spake, saying: Now I know of a surety that the Lord hath commanded my SON to flee into the wilderness OF EL PASO TEXAS; yea, and I also know of a surety that the Lord hath protected my SON RICK, and delivered them out of the hands of HIS DIFFICULTIES , and given HIM power whereby HE could accomplish the thing which the Lord hath commanded HIM.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment