Sunday, April 5, 2015

3/10/15 - Living in a Crime Scene

What an eventful week!  
I got a speeding ticket gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  They have frontage roads here in Texas - so I thought I was getting on the free way but a cop nailed me. I had no Idea. I thought I was just accelerating to get on the I-10 - but I get the ticket and I didn't know any better and all the drivers with the Chihuahua license plates get of Scott free.  Oh well, the Lord will take care of my $298 dollar ticket some how....
Well, last Friday we woke up and looked to our little patio and noticed my companion’s bike was gone - which baffles us because his was an old rusty bike that was given to him by the mission.  They left my bike which is very nice. My camouflage worked! I had wrapped my whole bike frame in electrical tape so it looked like garbage.  Nevertheless I am keeping my bike inside the apartment now - no matter what anyone tells me.
Later that day we talked to some one in our apartment complex who came up to us and asked us if we sold Bibles.  We gave him a Bible and a Book of Mormon and told him about them.   The guy looked kind of sketchy and I just thought, “Ok - he is a guy who wants to change.”  We came back to our apartment before we went to our dinner appointment (which was green Chile chicken enchiladas - oomph they are so delicious!).  We looked around and noticed that my companion’s digital picture frame was missing - and some of the portable DVD players we have to show investigators church videos. We drove to the police office and they told us to go home and call the police so they could do an investigation. [crazy]  They took some prints and such. The next Monday we had an undercover cop come to our apartment to follow up with us.  He rolled up in a PT cruiser, that is an ingenious under cover car, Elder Goff and I still chuckle about it. The previous Sunday we found the returned picture frame on our door step after we returned home from church.  Before we went to church we talked to the same guy we gave the Bible to. The police dusted it for prints also. The same guy came over to ask to use our phone right when the cops where there - so it is interesting to see this whole thing unfold and to say that I lived in the middle of a crime scene investigation.
On the other hand we ate dinner at a very wealthy member’s house and were talking about scriptures.  He said mine where too big for a dinosaur.  So he bought me an Easter present and ordered me a custom new set of smaller scriptures - which I am so thankful for because mine were getting way too marked up. Now that I have figured out how, I properly mark my scriptures they will be so pretty. :)  It is weird how receptive people have been lately.  we have been contacting using the Book of Mormon and nothing else and people have been so receptive. I feel weird not getting any doors slammed in my face in a while - or the same, “I am Catholic and I am satisfied” response. People are interested what the Book of Mormon can do for them, and I can testify that it does more than we understand. We have several people on date to be baptized. I can see the adversary working on them - but I know that God is more powerful than anyone. I know that this is the fullness of times, Christ is coming and his kingdom is being rebuilt on the Earth today. Heavenly father loves us all. I have been pondering the word spoken by the Lord to Joseph Smith when he was in Liberty Jail - in D&C section 122.

 8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
 9 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

Remember whatever struggles we have Christ has already experienced them for us.   Let us all press forward with a steadfastness of hope and an eye single to the glory of God.



Mom, I think you should read 1st Nephi chapter 5.  Sariah was a worried mother and then when Nephi returned from his mission she realized how blessed she was.  I love you Mommmmy:)
I love you all so much and I love what the gospel of Jesus Christ can do for each of us!

P.S. - my new address is: 1531 George dieter apt.# 1101  - It is across the street from our last apartment here in El Paso.

No comments:

Post a Comment