Monday, February 9, 2015

1/27/15 Week 12???



Elder Goof (Goff) and I and some fun camera art


    Transfers are over and the Lord still wants me to be in El Paso :)   I love it here we have been building this area from the ground up and there is some reaping to do! they closed down the other missionaries in our ward [because the big influx that came 2 years ago when they lowered the age of missionaries is all going home] - so now our area just got a whole lot bigger with some awesome new people. I am getting to teach a family I have wanted to ever since I helped them move in - now they are in our area. I am going to base this transfer on a quote by Ezra Taft Benson "I have often said that one of the secrets to missionary work, is work! If a missionary works he will have the Spirit; if he has the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit, if he teaches by the Spirit he will touch the hearts of the people and be happy. Work! Work! Work! There is no better substitute especially in missionary work." 

     My new companion is Elder Goff he is from West Jordan Utah and is a pretty funny guy, kind of quiet - but we are going to get along really well. We just set a baptismal date for February 7th with [one of our investigators].  He is coming back to the fold I thought we lost him! His baptism fell through because the bishop wasn't there... he took it personally like it was his fault and he kind of fell of the face of the earth. We started teaching him again and he says he wants to be baptized. It is so amazing to see the Lord fulfill his work - and I can be a tool in His hands.   There are no challenge we can’t overcome in this life - just things that will make us better.  That is how we become perfect in the next life - by overcoming challenges. 

     It feels good to be done training and to be blessed to be meeting the people I have here in El Paso. I would like to encourage everyone to be a better missionary.  It is a blessing to spread the light of Christ that we all have.  Make this world a better place.  Read the book of Mormon! It has completely changed my life and will do the same to everyone who reads with an open heart and a real intent of acting on what God asks them to do. This is the most real thing on this earth as Isaiah said - the Lord put a deep sleep over the world, but now we have a prophet on the earth! Share it! Wake up and be happy with Christ and he will bless you beyond belief. I love each and every one of you and am so excited for Gavin and Jared to be official missionaries. Let us all be the best disciples we can be and be happy with what we have and work so others can a greater joy. - D&C: 18

I miss the Weasel...such a goofy dog.  I am glad you have comic relief.  Bailey is more than welcome to stay in my room as long as she doesn't make it girly or mess with my stuff.  I miss you Mimzy and Jilligan and Dad. but I am not home-sick -which is good! I am really excited for the road trip when Dad comes to pick me up the only hard part is I don't want to leave... 

Jeffery R. Holland is coming to speak to us on February 22 - I am like a giddy school girl:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment