Monday, February 16, 2015

2/10/15 - Always having a Book of Mormon

President Miller extended a challenge to us to always have a book of Mormon in our hands - wherever we go. Our ‘finding’ opportunities have been so much more successful. The Book of Mormon is definitely the biggest gift that we have been given. All that we can say stands or falls on whether it not it is true. If the Book of Mormon is true, we know 3 things:  1) Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration, 2) This is the church of Jesus Christ restored in the latter days, and 3) that Jesus is the Christ. The Book of Mormon has brought me out of the darkest abyss and truly helped me understand what repentance really is.  It has answered all the questions of my soul and I know that it will do the same to anyone who diligently seeks truth with an open heart and a real intent. I am seeing that happen in people’s lives every day.  The people who actually read the book of Mormon are changing! They are still themselves - but yet they are changing.

I think that change is such a special part about our life on earth because we can be changing always for the better.  I am a witness in people’s day to day lives of the power and influence that God really has!  We have a baptism this week for an 11 year old boy who has been taking the lessons and is the only one in his family who was interested.  He is such a leader.  He reminds me a lot of  (my little brother) Corbin - such a strong leader who stands up for himself and what is right - no matter what situation he is in. Now because of the integrity of a young boy, his family’s hearts are being softened also. The best part is one of the youth in our ward (who likes to come out to lessons with us) is going to be the one baptizing him!


We might be moving soon to a better apartment, thank goodness!  Our apartment is getting way too crammed. It is a good thing we are almost never there.  We have been so busy and I am loving it.  So many people are progressing, coming to church and just, reading and doing all the good things we have been asking of them. Elder Goff and I have been having such a good time - even though we have been really busy. I love it here. I had the opportunity to baptize William Page last week and it really was a special experience.  The look of peace on his face just reassured me of the good work the Lord is doing. I love you all and love hearing from you thank you for all your support it means the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment