Monday, February 9, 2015

2/3/15 I have lost track - Happy Groundhogs Day!

Happy Groundhogs Day!

     Time is just cruising by.  I feel like yesterday I was just entering the MTC.  My mission is going by way too fast.  I love my mission so much. Christ's mission is my mission and I love anything to do with Christ. We almost had a big fight break out at our apartment last night - but it was just a bunch of "bros" yelling at each other.  Then once someone decided to do something, they all ran away calling each other chickens. It is sad to see what people think is important. It is even more sad to see that I use to see some of these worldly things as important.  

     The Gospel of Jesus Christ is centered to his Plan of Happiness.  It is the reason that we have direction in this life, because Jesus blazed the trail from the beginning and has reinforced it in every dispensation and time. He has given us Prophets to guide each generation and through specific questions as to the doctrine which Christ taught on earth, translating scripture, and having the power to act in Christ's name - to perform perfect ordinances like baptism and to perform miracles like healing the sick. I know that that same authority and power is on the earth today to help each and every one of our lives. Our bodies are built to have a yearning for God- a love (and something to be faithful in).  When we do not practice our Faith it dwindles and we fill that void with things of the world.  Those worldly things only bring temporary happiness, and in the end brings sorrow. This Gospel is for everyone to enjoy.  

  Heavenly Father loves us all.   No matter what we do - we are still his children.  He created us in his image and wants us to be just like him.  It is so great to be able to see every day how the Gospel changes lives.  I am stoked to be able to baptize my good friend William this Saturday - with that same Priesthood authority which God has on the earth today and has from the beginning.  I love you all so much and I know God loves you even more than I do. I know that there is no better place for me to be right now than in El Paso Texas serving the Lord by serving others - Mosiah 2:17 [And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.]

Heavenly father has his hand in everything we do...  it is just our job to recognize it. I love being a missionary and I know that this is the right thing for me to be doing.

P.S. - Mom asked about the weather.  It is 65 degrees - but I still have to wear a sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment