Monday, December 1, 2014

Random Thoughts from the first 2-4 weeks

Random information from our chats:

Elder Pedersen and Elder Ostberg - taken by a member family.



It is cold here too - it got to 27 the other day with a hardcore wind chill. Have you heard the singer Alex Boye? He sounds like John Lee Hooker but sings hymns :) 

Don’t send too much stuff - our apartment is so tiny we sleep in the kitchen.

Here’s me like 100 yards from the Mexico border on exchanges.  The big X stands for Mexico.



On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Richard Pedersen <richard.pedersen@myldsmail.net> wrote:

It’s impossible for me to go gluten free around here.  I can’t give up the green chili enchiladas members feed us to - amazing. I mostly just eat chicken and beans and taters - but people give us food and were not supposed to refuse

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Richard Pedersen <richard.pedersen@myldsmail.net>wrote:

I am going through my protein powder - I can’t eat enough food and I have lots – it’s just that I burn so many calories biking all day. One of our investigators works at Dillards.  We’re going next week to check out the sales - apparently they have Armani 1000 dollar suits for 50 bucks - notify Gavin and Jared of that.

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:13 PM, Richard Pedersen <richard.pedersen@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Yes [we are ok for Thanksgiving] we have the Hodges taking us for turkey day - with a 25 lb. bird and 7 different kinds of pie - maybe save the pie filling for xmas:)



(When asked about the accident and whether he was driving)

I am not allowed to drive yet - since I am still in training.  It was just was just us rear ending them - but the police report found us as the innocent party. The thing that sucks though - is we are going to be on bikes for a very long time.

My accent really isn't that bad. It is not Texas here - it’s Mexico with military. There is a member in our ward who is a chiropractor - I think I’ll call him, but I am feeling fine. It was tempting to go to the hospital - but I want none of that crap while I’m serving the Lord. 

Me drinking apple juice from a corona cup - what a coincidence,



This is the Corrnado Sandman - this guy says he cuts rocks with his eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment