Monday, December 1, 2014

11/18/2014 - Week 3 in the Mission Field -

Well my week came to a very abrupt stop yesterday… El Paso drivers are the worst ever.  They all come over from Juarez and cut people off. 3 cars in front of us, a lady cut another off… It ended up in us being in a pile-up. I am so thankful that we are all safe - no injuries. I wish I could say the same for the car. We spent all morning taking care of that and getting it out of the impound lot and to the shop. I am a little stiff but I took some Advil and was feeling good enough to bike 5 miles to the library to email yall!
I went on my first exchange this week with our zone leaders. Elder Snow and I had a blast! We saw some investigators - one of whom who had a disabled child. I was able to share how special she was to him -through my experiences with Ty and Robbie, and my mother’s work. 
We have been so busy with lessons. I have found out how important it is to have members present for lessons.  Sometimes we can’t even get our foot in the door without them - and the Spirit is so much stronger with them present. Everyone go out with the missionaries!  It is so important with helping bring souls unto Christ. The more I look at missionaries in our ward, in our past - it isn't always the ones we think are the good ones that are working harder. Being a consecrated missionary is few and far between.     Try to help every missionary you see to become consecrated to their mission. Be encouraging and uplifting.  There is a lot of work that we don't see missionaries do. Be the member that reminds them through your actions that missionary work is the most rewarding thing that we can do unto this life. I never said it was easy - but it is the best thing I have ever done.
The Bible teaches us that bringing one soul unto Christ is greater than anything else in God’s eyes. That one person has the opportunity to receive the highest exaltation - even unto God. Ether 12:27 teaches us that God gives us each struggles, so we can make them into strengths.   That is the purpose of this life - to prepare through trial and error and hard work. Alma 34:32.
Sometimes we get so caught up in the trivial things of this life. Be progressive, perform your labors, and love one another!   Prepare yourself so that when the trial of your faith comes it will be seen as good in the Lord’s eyes 1 Peter 1:7.  Most importantly - have some fun while doing it! This life is meant for us to walk in the rain and enjoy it. Try to be like Lieutenant Dan from Forest Gump - make your peace with God in the middle of the storm, and have some faith!

I want everyone to try and be like Jodi Jarvie and Brett Beal this week - and see the blessings God brings because of it. I love each and every one of you. Please let me know what I can do to help you. Look for the little blessings in life. Sometimes they are hidden under struggles. Dad I want you to know that you have been an important influence in my life and have taught me a lot more than I realized, now that I am on my own.  Dad - get back on the horse and ride! Don't just coast. You don't realize the impact you have on others.  Brent you need to share your experience and skill with new people. I love you all and pray for you so much please do the same for the missionaries especially Donavaghn Jarvie.   I feel like he needs it. Take care! I can’t wait to hear about how you all are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment