Tuesday, August 4, 2015

3/24/15 - a 19 year old marriage counselor



        [If you missed conference - you can still listen or watch here:  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?lang=eng  ]

          Another week in the mission field full of greatness, so we went over to a less active families house for dinner they bought us Little Caesars on Sunday.. the husband who has been trying to get his wife to come to church with him and be more active was the one who bought it. She was frustrated because he didn't love her she said he just cared about her going to church. He said "I love you so much I went and bought you a new phone last week if that's not true love I don't know what is" the worst part is I think he was serious. this brother every time we meet with them I feel like a 19 year old marriage counselor and I am talking to children. We wrote out a list of things to do for them when they want to argue, (we just made them have a companionship inventory like out of section 8 of preach my gospel) We found out that they weren't praying together and I remembered a talk that president monsoon gave when he recalled the wards the ordinance worker in the temple gave them when they were sealed together that as  long as they lived if they would kneel and pray by there bed every night switching each night who gave the prayer, that they would never have a disagreement longer than a day. The wise man said a couple who prays together stays together. I love how when we invite the holy ghost in our lives he truly reveals to us what really matters and can help us see forward with an eternal perspective. 

Another week in the mission field full of greatness.  so we went over to a less active family’s house for dinner - they bought us Little Caesar’s on Sunday... the husband, who has been trying to get his wife to come to church with him and be more active, was the one who bought it. She was frustrated because he didn't love her - she said he just cared about her going to church. He said "I love you so much I went and bought you a new phone last week, if that's not true love I don't know what is." The worst part is I think he was serious. This brother, every time we meet with them I feel like a 19 year old marriage counselor, and I am talking to children. We wrote out a list of things to do for them when they want to argue, (we just made them have a companionship inventory like out of section 8 of Preach My Gospel) We found out that they weren't praying together - and I remembered a talk that President Monson gave when he recalled the words the ordinance worker in the temple gave them when they were sealed together  - that as long as they lived, if they would kneel and pray by their bed every night, switching each night who gave the prayer, that they would never have a disagreement longer than a day. The wise man said, “A couple who prays together stays together.” I love how when we invite the Holy Ghost in our lives he truly reveals to us what really matters - and can help us see forward with an eternal perspective.

I am excited for general conference this year and for the opportunity we have to hear from our Apostles and Prophet. I want to extend the same commitment for conference we have extended to all of our investigators - write down questions or concerns of your soul have on a piece of paper and then watch general conference. I guaranty that all of them will be answered. I was greatly impressed by a B.Y.U. devotional that elder David a Bednar gave. He was talking about searching the scriptures for answers. He said while reading through the Bible and Book of Mormon he found several instances that people could not understand something with their carnal mind, but they understood with their hearts. Don’t over think the gospel. The prophets of old and now testify of Christ - hear their messages with your hearts.
The Prophet testified of Christ and the true revelations he received also." And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good." -2 Nephi 3:10 listen and study to the words spoken by God's true messengers. And listen to the truth confirmed to you by the still small voice of the Holy Spirit."
 I love you all dearly and thank you for your prayers and pure hearts talk you next week.

P.S. :  Please send that package  - I'm out of singular and the Mulberry trees around here are killing my allergy's - I'm a snotty, sneezing, mess

No comments:

Post a Comment