Wednesday, August 5, 2015

4/7/15 - Family History


Hey y’all gonna be short this week running on short time! This week our mission president wanted each of us to learn more about family history - for 2 of the less productive hours of the day. We went and I learned how easy genealogy is! I have found more than 100 of my deceased ancestors. In the church we believe that baptism is something necessary for eternal life.  Many people who didn't get to hear the restored gospel went to the spirit world without being cleansed from their sins. In sacred holy temples we perform essential ordinances like baptisms for the dead, using our bodies as proxy so that everyone from every dispensation has the opportunity to receive full celestial glory. I am so happy for those people waiting in the spirit world that will have the work done for them. Family history work is just as important as missionary work and it is fun to see where our roots go!
Next week is transfers - P day will be on Monday I will let you all know whether or not I am still staying in El Paso.  General conference was great and so many wonderful talks: Jeffery R. Holland and David A.  Bednar and Boyd K. Packer’s talks were a few of my favorites - what were yours and why? Watch and read over the words of Prophets and Apostles and all of your questions will be answered! I love you all have a wonderful week! 

Watch or listen to the conference talks here:


For the specific talks I mentioned:






Thank you all for the Easter Packages and letters – and for all your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment